Why is COBIA dfferent?
A product is only as good as the company that stands behind it. Started in 1985 with two molds bought for $12,000, Maverick Boat Group (MBG) has risen to be one of the most respected names in the marine industry and is still privately owned and operated by the company’s founder. In addition to Cobia, acquired in 2005, MBG builds the Maverick, Hewes, and Pathfinder brands, each market leaders in their respective segments. The company motto is, “A quality company with quality people building quality products.”
Spend any time on a new Cobia and you’ll see and feel a difference. It will become especially apparent after being on a competitive brand. Boating and fishing on a Cobia is just easier. That’s because Cobias excel by design. The distinction comes from starting with a goal for each new model meeting a unique set of peak performance criteria based upon that model’s intended usage. This results-first approach puts the user’s specific needs and wants above all else and leaves no room for compromise. From there we use our vast experience as serious anglers, avid boaters and craftsmen to work backwards into designs that deliver more productive, more comfortable and more enjoyable days on the water.
Ask Cobia owners what they like most about their boats and you’ll get a range of answers. You’ll likely hear about how solid their boat feels under their feet. Others will talk about how nice it is to own a boat that requires so little maintenance even after years of use. And some will tell you how safe they feel while onboard because they know that their boat and its systems are not going to let them down. No matter the answer, it will be rooted in the confidence that comes from knowing they own a superbly built product.
All Cobias are built to American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standards, the highest in the industry. But we don’t stop there. Here are just a few of the extra steps we take before, during and after the build process to insure your Cobia will take your fishing and boating to new levels, safely and confidently.
- 300 point quality assurance program conducted on every boat
- 100% No Wood, No Rot construction
- Engineer-designed lamination schedules
- Inner- laminate metal or phenolic backing plates and screw retention material for all fastening points
- Hoses double-clamped and reinforced with sealant
- Premium fade resistant gelcoat
- Pressure-tested, epoxy-coated aluminum fuel tanks Bonded electrical systems (261CC and up)
- Labeled, copper-tinned wiring harnesses built in-house custom to each order with pull chords
- Seacock valves on all thru hulls below the water line
- Fiberglass-encapsulated, reinforced closed-cell, thermoplastic polymer foam stringer systems
- Hand-laid fiberglass construction with thermal barriers to maximize gelcoat cosmetics
- 316 stainless steel hardware
- Highest grade components
- Finished bilge interiors
- Fiberglass console interiors
- Decks stiffened with carbon reinforced beams
- Squish-molded lids with cored construction
- Yamaha power matched components standard